New and Used Jeep Cars for Sale in Nigeria
Jeep is a specialized sports utility vehicles brand/division of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. The brand was formed in 1941 to produce off-road vehicles for Word War II. The first vehicle produced by Jeep was the Willys MB, the oldest off-road car ever made that inspired many other automakers to produce light-utility and off-road vehicles. The first civilian model was launched in 1945, which was called the Civilian Jeep (CJ). Chrysler took the ownership of Jeep in 1987 and has been holding on to it since then. Even after being entirely sold to Fiat, Chrysler still retains Jeep as the specialized off-road vehicles division. You can easily find Jeep cars in Nigeria. The brand new Jeep vehicles are sold by Weststar, while the used Jeeps can be bought through private dealers as well as individual car owners on our site.
Jeep Performance and Technology
Being a wholly owned subsidiary of Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Jeep takes most of its technologies from Chrysler's archives. However, there are some technical features exclusively designed and developed by Jeep. For instance, last year Jeep engineers were honored with Walter P. Chrysler Award for Innovation. Moreover, the new four-wheel-drive system patented by Jeep was granted with Walter P. Chrysler Technology Award.
The latest Jeep models use various engine technologies developed by Chrysler or Fiat, which include FIRE engines (fully integrated robotized engine), Fiat E.torQ engines, Chrysler Pentastar engines, Chrysler EGH engines, World Gasoline Tigershark engines, Mercedes-Benz OM651 engine and Fiat uniJet Turbo Diesel (JTD) engines.
In the past, Jeep introduced some really good concept cars that reveal the whole new design philosophy of the automobile company. These concepts include Jeep Renegade andJeep Trailhawk. The Jeep Renegade has already gone for mass production and will hit the showrooms this year.
Popular Jeep Models in Nigeria
As said earlier, Jeep is a dedicated producer of off-road vehicles; its models range across sports utility and compact utility vehicles. Jeep vehicles are preferred in Nigeria due to rough driving conditions around here. Following are some of the most selling Jeep models in the region.
- Jeep Liberty – This is a compact SUV and the most popular Jeep model in the Nigerian markets. It was launched in 2002 as a replacement to the Jeep Cherokee XJ. However, the automaker suspended this model in 2013, bringing back the Cherokee with KL badge. The earlier models of Jeep Liberty can be bought for around NGN 500,000, while the latest models may range up to NGN 4,700,000.
- Jeep Cherokee – Both XJ and KL versions of Jeep Cherokee are available in the Nigerian markets. The XJ variant was produced between 1984 and 1997, while the Jeep Cherokee KL edition was recently launched to replace the Jeep Liberty. The older versions of this compact SUV/ midsize crossover are usually sold at prices between NGN 550,000 and NGN 1,750,000.
- Jeep Compass – This is a compact crossover SUV launched in 2006 to cover a new market segment. Although the vehicle is still going through its first generation, its design and features have been significantly upgraded since the first launch. The average price of a Nig used of tokunbo Jeep Compass in Nigeria is NGN 1,500,000.
- Jeep Wrangler – The Wrangler is the most versatile SUV in the Jeep lineup, which was first launched in 1987. The third generation Wrangler comes in a number of body configurations and options, making it a true multiple purpose vehicle. You can buy this SUV at a price ranging from NGN 3,000,000 to NGN 7,200,000.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee – The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a midsize SUV that was first manufactured in 1992 by Chrysler Corporation and has released four generation models till date. The price range of used Grand Cherokee is between NGN 600,000 and NGN 2,500,000.
Availability of Jeep Cars in Nigeria
Weststar Associates Limited is the authorized distributor of Jeep vehicles in Nigeria. Besides, the huge demand for used cars in the country, Weststar Associates Limited is still the Jeep representative offering brand new Jeep vehicles of different models from the price range of NGN 10,500,000 to NGN 21,900,000. There is also a possible chance of finding well conditioned Jeep vehicles at lower budget from local dealers that sell foreign used Jeep cars that are imported into Nigeria. Below are listings available on Carmudi according to popular cities where most dealers are found;
Jeep Fashion and Clothing
Besides automobile manufacturing, Jeep deals in apparels that are very popular in China. Licensed by Jeep, the fashion brand is offering a variety of outfits and accessories.